3 months, 4 weeks ago MW ModeratorModerator
Mozilla today launched Firefox 51 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. The new version includes a new warning for websites that collect passwords but don’t use HTTPS; WebGL 2 support for better 3D graphics; and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback.
- Users can view passwords in the save password prompt before saving them
- Added a zoom button in the URL bar: Displays percent above or below 100 percent when a user has changed the page zoom setting from the default, lets users return to the default setting by clicking on the button
- Improved video performance for users without GPU acceleration for less CPU usage and a better full screen experience
- Firefox will save passwords even in forms that do not have “submit” events
- Added support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback
- Added support for WebGL 2, with advanced graphics rendering features like transform feedback, improved texturing capabilities, and a new sophisticated shading language
- A warning is displayed when a login page does not have a secure connection
- Added Georgian (ka) and Kabyle (kab) locales
- An even faster E10s! Tab Switching is better!
- Improved reliability of browser data sync
- Remove Belarusian (be) locale
- Various security fixes
- Use 2D graphics library (Skia) for content rendering on Linux
- Re-enabled E10s support for Russian (ru) locale
- Updated to NSS 3.28.1
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.